Telangana Style Sarva Pindi - Crispy Rice Flour Pan Cake - Delicious Snack

 Hello Foodies .Today I want to introduce you a quite simple and easy to make Snack item from Telangana Kitchen - SARVA PINDI ( Crispy Rice Flour Pan Cake). I was brought up in Andhra, I was unaware of this Delicious Snack Item. The moment I came to know about it, I decided to give it a try and it was a Super Hit. I enjoy it whenever I have these crispy Pan Cakes. So go ahead and give it a try. They can be shallow fried ( as I love to do) or Deep Fried. Choice is yours !!  I love to have these Crispy Pan Cakes as Snack during my Tea- Time. But in Telangana, I heard that people have these crispy pan cakes -Sarva Pindi as breakfast and also carried during travelling times and can be stored in airtight containers for couple of days. Usually in Telangana, people love to have this snack along with coconut chutney or Tomato garlic chutney. My Choice is "SARVA PINDI" with Coconut Curd Chutney. It tastes Super Yummy. Let's Jump in to the recipe....

INGREDIENTS :

Rice flour   - 1 cup

Split Chickpeas / Chana Dal - 2 tbsp.

Sesame Seeds    - 2 tbsp.

Green Chili - 1 finely chopped

Dry roasted and slightly crushed Ground Nuts -4 tbsp.

Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp. (optional)

Curry leaves - 1 spring finely chopped

Chili powder - 1 tsp

Water as needed

Salt to taste

Oil for pan frying (for shallow fry as needed)

PROCEDURE:-

1. Soak Chana Dal for 15 minutes. Mean time you can roast Ground nuts in a pan , peel of it's skin and slightly crush with your hands. Once Chana dal soaked, drain it and add it to a mixing bowl.

2. Now add roasted, skinned and slightly crushed peanuts, ginger garlic paste, finely chopped green chilies, finely chopped curry leaves, slightly roasted sesame seeds, salt, red chili powder, finely chopped coriander leaves. Combine well all ingredients.

3. Now add a cup of  rice flour to the mixing bowl and combine well with the above ingredients and make it to a soft dough by adding little water.

4.Take a Non-Stick Pan and drizzle 1 tbsp. of oil.

5. Take an Orange Size dough and press it over the pan with your hands till it gets even.

6. Using your finger makes small holes in the center and drizzle some oil in the holes.

7. Now heat the pan and cover with a lid .Let it cook for 15-20 mins on a low flame till it is cooked. 

8. After 10mins, Flip over and cook for few more mins.

9. Serve it Hot with your favorite chutney. My choice is Coconut Curd (it should be creamy and thick consistency) Chutney.

Comments

Popular Posts